7/2/09

Happy Anniversary...Delayed!

So, last month was our 6 year anniversary! YEY! I wonder how many people thought it would last?! I did! haha We are still going strong! :-) Well, I wanted to reminisce a little bit of the past so I posted some pictures.

Ahhh! Our first date. Yep, the '02 Fall Ball. Back then, I seriously didn't think that anything would happen between us but as fate would have it...that was the first night of forever!


This is one of the few that we have while we were dating. (Any of you remember those bright puletasis we wore that year ('02) for Cultural Night!?) I am not one of those who take pictures all the time, although there are times that I regret that fact. This was taken on the weekend my parents came over to have the "can I marry your daughter" chat. You know what I'm talking about! That was a definite must in my book! Although he denies it...Ioelu was so nervous! All went well though!


Taken by one of my wonderful sisters, I think this is a beautiful picture and I just wanted to share!


For our anniversary this year we wanted to do something spectacular... Yea, I know, it was only our 6th anniversary but still. We left the kids for the weekend with my parents and headed over to Arizona! Yea, some of you may not think that that was anything spectacular but for us it was. We got to see some great friends from Hawaii that we haven't seen in a long time. Some of whom were moving to New Zealand the following week. Moa and Netta, you guys are great! Thanks for letting us spend some time with you and your kids! Monica! It was so great seeing you! Your kids are beautiful and I hope to come and visit you again soon!

Since this is in honor of our anniversary...I wanted to write a little dedication to the man I share my life with! Many times he asks me why I married him, as I'm sure many of us ask our spouse the same question...maybe for reassurance, justification, or just wanting to be reminded. And many times I just tell him because "I love you". It is very hard for me to say what I am feeling...I get way too emotional and because I'm unsure how the other person will respond...although the second reason isn't really the case with Ioelu. So, I want to tell him some of the reasons why I love him so much.
  • He can always make me laugh!
  • He dances super fly! ;-)
  • He is super duper hot!
  • He loves me no matter what I say or what I look like!
  • He is a very hard worker and wants so much to provide everything for me and his kids.
  • He is there for me when everyone else seems to turn away!
  • He is so patient with me and all my foolishness!
  • He helps me become a better person!
  • He is my best friend!
  • He honors the Priesthood that he holds!
These are just a few qualities that I love about the man I chose to live forever with, and some may be a little superficial, but you gotta be attracted to the man you wake up next to every morning, right!? Anyway, I am not an elloquent speaker...I don't really know how to put my feelings into words, so I tend to wrap up my feelings in a simple phrase..."Because I LOVE YOU!"
I love him with all my heart! I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like with out him, and frankly I don't want to! I am so blessed to have a man who can go with me to the temple! A man who is a worthy Priesthood holder! A man who is such a wonderful Husband, Father and Friend! So, Here's to my man and to the rest of our life together!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think you said it just right! He is a wonderful man and you are just as wonderful! The perfect couple! Isn't it nice to celebrate a happy marriage when so many around us can't? Happy (late) Anniversary!!

The Varo's said...

First off--Hallelujah for a new post!
Secondly, it was so fun to see you guys and have you meet our munchkins! You guys need to come and see us more often!

Vanessa said...

You are so right... every couple asks the infamous "why did you marry me" question. That reassurance is so important, too. You guys really look great together. Happy Anniversary! Here's to six more forever!

Annie said...

Happy anniversay! I am SO SO sad that we were gone when you went to Arizona :( Now you just need to make a trip to Utah to see us too. And I remember your first date! You guys were inseperable after that :)

(and I agree with Monica...hallelujah for a new post! haha!)

laninaki said...

Happy anniversary! I remember the bright yellow puletasi - that material was almost day-glo. :D