11/3/09

Halloween 2009

It really sucks not having a camera...but luckily, my dad has his and let us borrow it for trick or treating. This year, trick or treating was ok. We miss going out with our friends to trick or treat. Up until last year, we did our Halloweens in Laie with such wonderful friends. There is nothing quite like the Trick or Treating on Moana and Ioesepa Street. Last year we spent Halloween with a great family, the Churchwells, and had a blast. It is so much fun to share the spooky holiday with friends. This year, although it was just our little family, it was still fun. Our ward did their trunk or treating on Friday and the girls were so excited! It was good, and the kids, got a lot of candy. Luckily, we didn't have to buy candy for Halloween night trick or theaters. We handed out the candy kids got from the trunk or treat! (just don't tell the kids! hahaha) It really didn't matter much because they received plenty of candy that I don't know what to do with!
So, here are some pictures of the kids in their costumes.



The Rose Princess


The butterfly Princess...with out the wings


Roarrrrr...the little dragon! When people would ask him what he was, he would say "ROAR"...so cute!


My little posers!

Trick or treat!


Ioelu dressed up for work on Friday and is awaiting the results of the contest they had. He won the morning shift and now the supervisors have to figure out who it is going to be.

This has nothing to do with Halloween but I think it's pretty funny...in a good way. I visit teach a couple of great women. I was talking with one of them, with her husband, trying to figure out a good time to go and see her. As we were talking, I pointed out Ioelu. Her husband got so excited and said something like "Your married to that really cool guy that wears that skirt thing" Yep, that's me! He was telling me that ever since he saw Ioelu in one he wanted one. So, last week, Ioelu gave him one of his and they wore them to church on Sunday. I missed it, due to a couple kids being sick, but they came over to take a picture of the two in their lavalava's. Ioelu said it was pretty funny at church because now, instead of everyone looking at him, they are now looking at the other guy. Funny! I think he can handle it!

3 comments:

The Varo's said...

love the kids costumes! and ioelu's costume was awesome...i have to show kali when he gets home from work!

Annie said...

Your kids looked so cute! I also miss trick or treating on Moana and Iosepa streets, but I don't miss getting rained on!

Ieli is also the guy in the ward who wears skirts, it makes me laugh when someone says that, its like they don't want to offend him by calling it a skirt :)

Karla said...

Ah! The girls looked so beautiful in their princess outfits! Glad you had a good holiday... and bonus that you didn't have to buy candy this year. I can't wait to dress up Nadia next year.:)