Exciting weekend

I have been so terrible keeping up with this blog! It seems like every time I try to start a post, I get interrupted and then I just forget what it is I was going to put up! All well, I guess I'll just tell you what's been up lately. I can't find any pictures from the beginning of this year and now our camera is gone so can't put up any recent pictures!
So last weekend was our 7 year anniversary! We had been trying to plan to do something great since Ioelu works for Delta and had even gotten that week off! To make it easier on my parents we had reduced our week trip down to the weekend...hoping we can take a weekend trip to Hawaii and make it back for Fathers Day! Yea, that didn't happen...my mom wasn't able to make it down that weekend and so we decided to take the kids with us to Hawaii. They were so happy to see their cousins and the beach! It was good to see great friends and family! Our time in Hawaii was wonderful! It was getting back that wasn't much fun! We got to Hawaii on Wednesday night...being delayed in Atlanta for 4 hours because of a mechanical problem...who would have a problem with that though, because I would rather fly in a plane that is safe rather than one that has a problem no matter how small they say it is. We had fun Thursday and Friday visiting with family and friends...Saturday spent the morning at Swap meet and tried to get on the 4 oclock plane back to Georgia. Didn't make it...ok, that's part of the game you play flying standby. We made it on a flight to Portland...spent Sunday in the Portland airport...flew to New York that got in at 6:30 Monday morning and happened to get on a flight to Atlanta at 11:00 am...that's where things got even more crazy! Everyone was boarded on the plane and ready to go when we hear someone yelling, "NO don't do that...don't close it!" only to find out that one of the flight attendants locked the arm of the door before closing it and deflated the emergency slide! Yea, great fun! We were all de-boarded and told that the flight was delayed until 1 pm. OK, that's fine. Then we hear on the intercom that all those on that flight need to report to the gate...only to find out that the flight is now going out of La Guardia instead of JFK and those who are flying stand by have to find another fight home. To make matters worse..the agents at the gate were not willing to help us! Oh yea, I was not happy...two days in three different airports with three kids who didn't understand why we couldn't get home. So we finally made it on a flight and got seated when Ioelu asked if I had the camera! During the time at JFK airport I lost the camera and have no clue where it could have been. That was the icing on the cake! We had so many great memories on that camera with so many great friends! The last picture we had on there was one taken while we were boarding the flight from Portland to JFK...the pilots let the kids sit in the cock pit and take a picture with one of them. I thought it was awesome and was excited to post in on here but alas...it is gone and most likely we will not be getting it back but who knows, maybe it's just lost in the lost and found!!! It was a fun filled weekend in which we spent most of our anniversary and all of Fathers Day in airports! Oh, the joy! I cannot really complain about standby because it is a lot better than paying a full price ticket! It is now an experience we can look back on and say...all well, better luck next time...and at least we made it home in one piece!!!

1 comment:

The Varo's said...

it was so fun to see you guys and hang out for a couple days! maybe next time it will be for longer as in moving back here longer!