4/15/08

First timer meets blogger

Well, I don't really know what I am doing. This is the first time for me but I decided to start this because I am so bad at emailing and I wanted to keep my friends informed with my life! So, I hope I do an ok job!
OK, so it has been two months since we left Hawaii for Texas...some may say why, but those who have lived there know why we would leave such a beautiful place for Texas! Texas isn't that bad, and Ioelu seems to like it although it's not an island. At least now we still have some money left in our account until the next paycheck, hence the reason for our great move! We did however move to a house where the old tenants left it a real mess. Disappointing at first but with a little TLC we can make this place a nice home! Ioelu and I just finished painting the living room and hall ways...let me tell you, it looks a hundred times better...from a pale pink (yes, you heard right...pink in every room except one of the bathrooms and that was blue!) to a dark beige. May not be everybody's favorite but anything is better than what was on there before. We will see what my mom thinks when she sees it tomorrow. My brother in Houston said that mom didn't really like the color on his walls...which is a lot like what we have but all well!!! What can you do, right!!!
So our girls are pretty excited to paint the house. Everyday Krisalyn asks when we are going to paint the house and make it pretty. It's nice to be able to have a place where we can do what ever we want to the house and not worry about the landlords! No, it's not our own house but it belongs to my parents who want us to try to fix it up and make it decent. It is definitely a fixer upper but the rewards are great when we see the finished product!!!

1 comment:

The Varo's said...

AHHHHH-I am so glad you finally got a blog! Now I can stalk you all the time :). I bet you are so glad to have a place where you can paint the walls. I don't think I ever want to see another TVA yellowy-white colored wall again! Good luck with the rest of the house and make it pretty for the girls.