12/23/08

Appointment for Santa?


Dear Santa,

Get new helpers!
Love, me

Ok, can anyone tell me that they have heard of this. I think it is so ridiculous! We, my mom and I, decided to surprise the kids by taking them to go see Santa yesterday. It was the first time I had been to this mall since we moved here and I thought it would be great...See Santa, get the rest of the shopping done and be home by 6. NO, what happened was, we got to the mall, found where Santa was and got turned away because we didn't have an appointment to see him?!! WHAT! Does anyone do that? Apparantly this was the first year for this mall to do this and hopefully the last. All those poor little kids who just want to go and see Santa but can't because the stinkin' elves can't fit them into his schedual. What takes so long that you have to make an appointment? My kids weren't really affected by this since they didn't really know that that was the big suprise. So, we left the mall, ran our errands and went to another one which took about an hour to get to because the traffic was horrible, and there saw a great Santa. He looked like the real deal. We didn't get home until almost 11! But, All in all it turned out to be fine and the girls were happy to see him and I was happy because they were happy. (The pictures will be up as soon as I get them onto the computer.)

I love putting up conversations that I have with Krisalyn because they are just so funny to me, so here's another one.
On the way home from seeing Santa I had asked her what she told him she wanted for Christmas. I had no idea she wanted these things. Here's part of the conversation.
She said "I told Santa that I wanted an Ariel that didn't swim."
"Really," I said, "Well, what if Santa can't bring you an Ariel?"
Kr: "Why?"
me: "What if he runs out?"
Kr: "He can't run out because he makes his own toys!"
me: "OH!"
She just cracks me up!

3 comments:

The Varo's said...

that is so sad! who schedules a time with santa? i'm glad you found a "real" santa for the girls to visit with.

Karla said...

No kidding?! I think I would have had some unkind Christmas words to say to those little elves. Appts?!?! Who makes appts to see Santa? Glad it all worked out. Good luck finding the Ariel, in the next day..:)

Jennifer said...

Hello Friend!! Never heard of making an appointment with Santa and hope to never hear of it again! That's ridiculous! Sorry that happened! I hope you and your sweet little family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!